Politique de confidentialité (anglais)
Data protection has always been an important issue for the Garland group, and has taken on a greater importance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The group consists of several companies strategically divided by business units: shipping, transports, logistics and corporate.
Most of our clients are corporate (who are not, as such, data subjects), so the collection of personal data, carried out in the context of our activities, is residual and always with the purpose of providing services.
Thus, under the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation, the Garland group informs that:
1. The personal data collected (name, email address, telephone number, etc.) via website, email, business cards, negotiations, or others, are processed in the context of its activity and for the purpose of responding to quotation requests, transport organization and products distribution, and in the daily exchange of commercial information;
2. In cases where the collection of personal data is intended to send newsletters or any other “automatic decision”, the request for the data shall always be accompanied by the request for consent by the data subject;
3. Personal data shall not be shared with third parties without the prior consent of the data controller or the data subject;
4. Shall be processed personal data strictly necessary for the proper implementation of the provision of services and always in accordance with its purpose;
5. All data and information provided or collected shall be treated as confidential;
6. All Garland workers are covered by an obligation of confidentiality in respect of the data to which they have access under their duties;
8. The collected personal data is processed electronically and stored safely on their servers (locally), through tools such as firewalls or anti-spam;
9. There is no transfer of personal data to other companies inside or outside the EU except those required for the correct provision of the service;
10. Personal data shall be stored and preserved during the legal period, or fiscal required, or for the period strictly necessary in accordance with the purpose for which the information is treated;
11. The personal data subject may, at any time, exercise his rights of access, rectification, opposition and deletion of his data;
12. It will take account of the request of the data subject, safeguarding the exceptions provided for in the GDPR, namely legal and fiscal obligations;
14. Has appointed an internal team responsible for ensuring compliance with the GDPR, cooperate with the data controller and respond to the data subject whenever requested.
Any questions or clarifications you can contact us via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.